These are aluminum alloy adaptors to attach your Post Mount disc brake caliper to an IS mount. For adaptors that include orbital washers, please note that your brake caliper must be installed between the brassy-colored convex washers, reinstalled in the order they come in the kit.
*Also note that 180mm Front and Rear Adaptors, as well as 160mm Rear Adaptors the kit includes two pairs of IS mount bolts. The shorter 18mm pair is for standard, flat IS mounts like on our Polyvalent, Piolet, and Neutrino. The longer, 20mm pair is for older standard, wider-thickness IS mounts, found on many older disc-brake mountain bikes.
A new saddle should be treated with Brooks Proofide leather dressing to help assist the 'breaking-in' process.
- Proofide keeps the leather supple as it is specially formulated from natural ingredients to condition, preserve and shower proof your saddle
- Proofide is the only substance that should be used to care for your Brooks Leather Saddle
Apply a little Proofide to the finished side of the leather
- Allow the Proofide to permeate until dry and then polish off
- Proofide should be used several times during the 'breaking-in' period and every 3-6 months thereafter
- On bicycles not fitted with mudguards, an initial application to the underside of the saddle will be beneficial, this needs not to be polished off
- The leather gets its colour during the tanning process and it is possible, therefore, that some colour residues will remain. It is recommended to polish the saddle with a soft cloth before first use
In classic black with a slick snakeskin print, the Basil Noir Saddle Cover adds instant character to your bike. When fitted, this cover protects your saddle against rain and dirt, keeping the raw essentials of your bicycle in pristine condition for longer.